On an organization’s front, OMS has
- activated the Emergency Response Team (Covid-19 ERT) to monitor and respond to the covid-19 situation, following the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), Singapore, Ministry of Health and the respective local government regulations and containment measures.
- implemented global travel restrictions until further notice. Any domestic travel is restricted to business critical only, requiring assessment and approval from executive leadership.
- implemented social distancing at all workplaces. All working and common spaces from the meeting rooms to the offices to the workstations to the production/shop floor have a minimum 1 metre of safe distancing marking. Where it’s practical to do so, employees are to use web-conferencing/phone calls for meetings.
- implemented temperature-taking for all visitors and OMS employees (at least twice in a day). Ensuring that all visitors/employees make health and travel declaration, complete the SafeEntry check-in and check-out procedures (to support contract tracing in Singapore) and wear a mask;
- implemented telecommuting / remote working at the applicable OMS locations, where it’s practical to do and under the location’s governing regulations/advisories on covid-19.
- implemented staggered reporting and quitting times to enhance the safe distancing between employees. This includes the alternate work week/days arrangements where necessary.
- implemented sanitation and cleaning of workplace premises and machines at shorter intervals to decrease the possibilities of virus/bacterial infections through common touch points.
- made available sanitizers at many more strategic areas in the premises for employees to use (in a responsible manner).
- been providing information updates on a regular basis to employees on (1) covid-19 travel restrictions relating to our operating locations, and (2) advisories/facts about covid-19 from official government sources.
All OMS employees are to:
- Be pro-active, socially responsible and practice open communication in informing management immediately if they or their immediate family members have come into direct contact with Covid-19 clusters or patient(s) even if you are not sick. This is also being a person of integrity.
- Be accountable and ensure that all safety measures implemented by the company are strictly observed.
- Take ownership and avoid coming to work if they are not well. Follow the company’s/authorities’ instructions accordingly.
- Seek medical attention if they are not well and follow doctor’s advice strictly.
To continue to safeguard the health and safety of all employees, a standard operating procedure in response to covid-19 will be implemented at all OMS locations.
Due to varying covid-19 responses/measures by the government at the different OMS locations, please contact your OMS representatives for more information on our operations.